It's been a hard year but I hope the new year will be touched by wonder and filled with hope.
1. Now or never. If you want to do something for yourself, do it now.
2. The most intelligent people are the most selfish.
3. Take everything step by step.
4. When it rains it pours. One of my closest friends told me that when bad things happen, they just all happen at once. All we can do is be patient and peaceful and wait for it to pass. When it rains, you just kinda wait inside and then eventually it will stop raining instead of lamenting.
5. Actions > words. Trust people's actions.
6. Basic beings. People come in layers. And sometimes they don't.
7. Trust your instinct. This is the biggest lesson I've learned as a designer and I'm definitely still improving on this.
8. Closure comes and goes. Just let it run through you.
The goal last year was to learn about myself. This is what I learned:
I can mold to anyone. I can be manipulative when I want something. I can be very naive and ignore facts when I want to. I've learned how to be selfish. I've learned how to compartmentalize and let things go. I forgive too easily. I'm pretty good at meeting new people and having conversation. I hate complacency although I know it's hypocritical. I don't particularly like being pursued.
For the next year:
1. I need to stop saying "it's interesting". Learn how to be more articulate as a person.
2. I can't show everything. I can't do everything. Deal with it. Learn how to make an effective narrative.
3. The choices you make are the actions that the public sees as reflecting on yourself. That means my actions need to stand louder than my words in showing how I care. I shouldn't let my short-term actions impact my long-term goals.
4. I'm not good with uncertainty. Need to work on that.